Are wireless smart homes in Lubbock worth it?
In the relatively recent past, home security systems were limited to wired equipment connected through a lengthy installation process. Those days are over. Wireless innovation has revolutionized the industry and introduced a wealth of new possibilities for homeowners.
Are you trying to determine if a wireless smart home in Lubbock is right for your family? See what you ought to know about going wireless.
What to know before deciding to go wireless
The foundation of any wireless network is a stable link to the internet. Consistent, fast internet and a high-quality wireless router are the primary components you’ll need. If you haven’t upgraded your router in a couple of years, think about switching it out now to capitalize on the latest performance enhancements.
If you dwell in an area without dependable high-speed internet or mobile coverage, you could be better suited with a hard-wired installation. Or, if you relocate to a residence that is hardwired for , it may be sensible from a financial standpoint to stick with that setup.
No matter where you are located, internet and utility interruptions can take place. With this in mind, search for security solutions with battery and cellular backups to stay connected.
What are the advantages of a wireless smart home in Lubbock?
Protecting your home against known threats like theft and fire is the primary goal of any home security system. You can achieve this with wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to take advantage of the latest advancements, a wireless smart home is your top option. When you install a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to secure your entryways or view real-time footage from your mobile device? A wireless smart home gives you a degree of access you’ve never experienced before. You can investigate or change settings of any incorporated components remotely, like your smart thermostat or locks.
● Instant updates: You can not only access your system, but it may also get in touch you. If a sensor is triggered, a notification will be sent automatically to your mobile device app. You’ll always be notified when the system goes off, no matter where you are.
● Adaptable and scalable: Different from wired devices, you can place wireless options just about anywhere. Interested in having an indoor camera on your desk or in your child’s room? No sweat! It’s also simple to remove or add components from your wireless smart home.
Potential drawbacks of wireless systems
Despite the fact that wireless smart homes in Lubbock have proven dependable and useful, there are a few potential shortcomings. You might give thought to the following:
● You might have to switch out batteries. If you use battery-powered devices, there’s always the potential for failure when the battery dies. Even so, smart elements will let you know when the battery is dwindling and often last for years without requiring a fresh battery.
● Device placement. There could be restrictions on how far you may put wireless components away from the centralized command hub. This isn’t an issue in most homes, but you need to inquire about the distance before making a decision.
● Risk of online hacking. Similar to other computer networks, the threat of hacking exists. But you can significantly minimize this risk by incorporating strong passwords, always changing default settings, and selecting routers with integrated security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in Lubbock today!
Take advantage of everything a wireless smart home can do by customizing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll appreciate having access to your Lubbock security system from any location. Contact (806) 615-4325 to get started.