Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Lubbock smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in total charge of your Lubbock home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of what it can do and explore suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Lubbock do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices with radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You may arm or disarm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote access and control via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View live or saved video streams from your integrated surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Lubbock by programming schedules or creating preferences. For example, you might have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just adhere to these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and everything in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the system by using the above steps. You will then need to verify you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Lubbock
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here’s how to do it.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote capability, choose phone or email and submit the info to send an request.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, just navigate to the menu, touch users, pick the user you would like to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take charge of your home’s automation and security via an easy-to-operate touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Lubbock home security system. Dial (806) 615-4325 to get started.