Ways to cut down on false alarms in Lubbock
False alarms can be an actual concern for your home’s security. Not only are they costly and time-consuming, but they may decrease the confidence you have in your installation. Thankfully, you are able to do a number of things to minimize false alarms from your Lubbock security system.
First, ensure that your devices connected correctly. This process may appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s often the case that simple miscues lead to false alarms. Next, watch out for possible sources of false alarms, like entry points that might be kept unsecured mistakenly. And of course, don't hesitate to integrate the many tools like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Lubbock.
Could it be really that straightforward? Continue on and discover for yourself.
Many false alarms in Lubbock can be avoided
When figuring out any issue, the best course of action is to review the guidebook. Make sure all your components are set up properly from your perspective by:
- Performing a checkup via your smart hub touchscreen.
- Visually evaluate each component to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to be certain that your home’s security isn’t activating at inopportune times.
- Ensure all new smart implements are incorporated properly and aren't conflicting with your alarms.
Contact your Vivint specialist if you continue to have issues cutting down false alarms in your Lubbock home. They'll gladly send out a tech to examine your equipment.
Inspect your windows and doors
In the event your configuration checks out installed properly, the subsequent course of action is to do a sweep of the house. Are your entries tightly secured, or might there be a few accidentally open? If an entry point remains open, it could activate a sensor. If it just so happens that your clan routinely fails to secure an entry point, you might want to implement a smart locking mechanism that secures automatically when your home security is activated. Regrettably, windows take additional hands-on attention, especially if you have a loved one who enjoys to fall asleep with a window cracked. Luckily, your Vivint installation makes it simple to turn off that sensor while still shielding the remainder of the house.
Smart home automation tends to be a great method to cut down on false alarms in Lubbock
One of the most effective techniques to reduce the probability of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your security system. When utilizing your security app, you’re able to:
- Set a schedule to disarm when you are home and avert false alarms that happen due to mistakenly unlocking an entry point. You can then program the alarm to automatically engage again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disarm when your smart lock is initiated with the right code.
- Utilize geotracking to arm the alarm if you exit the property, then turn off when you return.
- Get smartphone notifications when your components detect uncommon movements or need a fresh battery.
- Pair your home security to a smart home speaker, so you are able to turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Lubbock with a Vivint smart home system
Greater control over your alarm system results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint home security system, reach out to (806) 615-4325 or send in the following form.